This guide is pretty simple right now,
but its how you install zoneminder 1.23.3 on slackware 12.2.....
1. Install required libraries:
get 12.2 packages here
or build them from SlackBuild.org
mplayer/mencoder is a great tool for a video environment.
2. create /usr/include/ffmpeg/
3. symbolic link /usr/include/libswscale/*.h
4. symbolic link /usr/include/libavformat/*.h
5. run "cpan PHP::Serialization", then "cpan LWP::UserAgent", and whatever other
Features you want or the zoneminder config complains about.
6. unpack zoneminder source
7. run ./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/htdocs/ --with-cgidir=/srv/httpd/cgi-bin/
8. run chown -R mysql /var/lib/mysql (Important for new installs, annoying problem)
9. run mysql mysql < db/zm_create.sql
10. run mysql mysql and inside run:
grant select,insert,update,delete on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';
11. make && make install
12. edit /etc/httpd/httpd.conf and remove '#' to uncomment the PHP module
13. edit /etc/httpd/php.ini and change short_open_tag value from "Off" to "On"
I wrote this from memory so you can expect some errors, but for the most part its pretty close ;-)
Still haven't used it, but I sure did have fun installing it, so there might be /dev/ permission
problem or something...
Last edited: Jan 12, 2009